36 Seoul TOP Attractions, Read this before you make your schedule!
Who said Seoul is only for shopping?
Hello, everyone! We are Creatrip, a group of Korean travel experts.
We proudly present you the latest, useful Korean travel information and tips every day.
We have provided you with lots of reviews of Seoul attractions and food but there has never been a general post about them all. Today, I will introduce the attractions that must be visited when traveling to Seoul. As you go through this blog, see which attractions you have already been to and which ones you want to go to next!
- Address : 26, Kyungheedae-ro, Hoegi-dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Leave Exit 1 of Hoegi Station of Line 1
"Kyung Hee University" is the most beautiful university campus in Seoul with a strong European style. The beauty from the spring cherry blossoms and autumn maple leaves on campus are unforgettable. When asked where the most beautiful campus ins Seoul is, the editor will say Kyung Hee University.
- Address : 52, Ewhayeodae-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 2 and 3 of Ehwa Womans University Station of Line 2
It is another university with a campus that can compete with that of Kyung Hee university. It has different atmospheres depending on the season but the editor thinks it is best to come here during the autumn or winter to enjoy the beautiful European campus style.
- Address : B1 29 Euljiro Euljiro 1(il)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 1-1, Euljiro Entrance Station of Line 2
The beautiful book wall tunnel gives the same effect as the Star library but there are not that many people here making it more convenient and spacious to enjoy. It is also easy to come here through public transportation.
- Address : 959-9, Daechi-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 6 of Samsung Station of Line 2
Although it is a library, this attraction is not quiet at all. It is made up of tens of thousands of books in the walls which gives a pleasant surprise to people who come.
- Address : 14 Sincheon-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Transportation: Exit 1 of Jamsilnaru Station of Line 2
This place became famous due to a Korean drama. It has a beautiful and endless look of a black hole made from books. It is a real-life library that operates today.
- Address : 161, Sajik-ro, Sejong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Gyeongbokgung Station of Line 3
Gyeongbokgung palace is Seoul's largest ancient palace and is one of Korea's cultural heritages. You should visit this palace during all four of its seasons as well as night and day to enjoy its different scenes depending on the time of day and weather.
- Transportation : Exit 3 of Gyeongbokgung Station of Line 3
Gyeongbokgung Seochon or West Village is a village that has been forgotten by time as it looks like the same atmosphere of Seoul 20 years ago.
There is also the Tongin Market in this area. It is a well known attraction and traditional markets. All purchases here are made through copper coins.
- Transportation : Anguk Station of Line 3
Bukchon Hanok Village is also a well known attraction in Seoul. It is located on the other side of Gyeongbokgung Palace and is a completely different atmosphere. Usually when visiting Bukchon, you will come to Samcheongdong to experience local cuisines and specialties.
- Address : 288 Jongno Jongno5.6ga-dong, Jongnogu, Seoul
- Transportation : Dongdaemun Station of Lines 1 and 4
Dongdaemun (Gyeongin Gate) is Seoul's most famous attraction and landmark. The business district near here is very developed and is a lively hub of Seoul. It has more of a symbolic meaning rather than being an attraction.
- Address : 281 Euljiro, Euljiro 7 (chil)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Dongdaemun History and Culture Park Station of Lines 2, 4, and 5
Dongdaemun is a historical attraction acting as the door of Seoul and DDP represents the present and future next to the past. Lots of exhibitions and activities are hosted here.
- Address : 36, Jong-ro 52-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 4 of Dongdaemun Station of Lines 1 and 4. Then turn right at the second intersection.
Dongdaemun Toy Street is Seoul's largest toy wholesale market making both adults and children happy. It is suitable as a tourist attraction as it is cheap and offers a unique experience.
- Transportation : Exit 3 of Dongmyo Station of Lines 1 and 6
The largest second hand market in Korea is Dongmyo Market, which is crowded on most weekends. For those who like vintage clothes or second-hand clothes digging, be sure to come here to experience a unique atmosphere.
If you think of Korea the first thing that comes to mind will be the Han River. When thinking of Seoul the first stream will be "Cheonggyecheon". It starts from city hall station all the way to Hanyang university and then merges into the Han River.
The Cheonggyecheon river passes through many Subway stations and is the most representative river of Seoul. Large scale celebrations will also be held in near City Hall or Dongdaemun areas where this river is next to.
- Address : 40, 11 Sinbanpo-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Express Bus Stop Station of Lines 1, 3, and 7.
In addition to the beauty of the Han River, the Banpo Han River park is also worth going to see the Moonlight Rainbow Fountain at night. In the summer, it also hosts a night owl night market.
- Transportation : Yeoinaru Station of Line 5
Seoul's "Mapo Bridge" is also known as the suicide bridge. Many people commit suicide by jumping off this bridge to the river. To prevent this the Korean government added beautiful and warm texts on the railings of the bridge. It has thought to have worked
- Address : 50 63-ro, Yeongeungpo-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Yeouido Station of Lines 5 and 7
63 Building is not just the tallest building in this area but also has many restaurants and food and right next to Han River Park.
- Address : 300, Olympic-ro Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Jamsil Station of Line 2
East Seoul has the Jamsil Lotte Tower which is the tallest building in South Korea. It is an iconic architectural landmark. There are department stores, amusement parks, shopping centers and more in the tower.
- Address : 105, Namsangongwon-gil, Yongsan-2-ga-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
- Transporation: Myeongdong Station of Line 2
Namsan N Seoul Tower is in the heart of Seoul. The night view of the city is amazing.
- Transportation : Exit 4 of Jongno 3rd Street Station of Lines 1, 3, and 5
Iksundong has a retro atmosphere. Just walking down the street, you will feel like you have returned to Seoul 20 years ago. Come here and enjoy the atmosphere.
- Transportation : Sungsu Station of Line 2
Sungsudong was originally an industrial village. After the companies moved out it gained a sensual atmosphere. ONION a popular coffee shop also originated from here.
- Address : 273, Ttukseom-ro, Seongdong-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Seoul Forest Station of New Bundang Line
Seoul Forest is a large-scale green park in Seoul. You can enjoy tulips and cherry blossoms in the spring, green forest in the summer, red maple leaves in the autumn, and snow in the winter.
Seoul Forest is not just an attraction but a beautiful woodland in the center of Seoul. Come enjoy the distinctive urban atmosphere.
- Address : 424, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 1 of Mongchontosung Station of Line 8
The olympic park remains as glory of the 1988 Seoul Olympics. In addition to the maples in the Olympic Park in the fall, the beautiful landscape makes it amazing.
- Transportation : Jamsil Station of Line 2
Seokchon Lake is located next to the Lotte Tower and takes about an hour to complete a walk around it. The atmosphere is good and is a perfect place to go on a date.
- Transportation : Gundae Entrance Station of Lines 2 and 7
Gunguk University is not a very popular university attraction but many people still come here as this lake is in many Korean dramas.
There are many places near this lake that are good. Next time try going to the Gundae Business Circle and also walk to the university campus and take a look.
- Address : 200 Achasan-ro, Gwangjin-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 6 of Gundae University Entrance of Line 2 and 7
Common Ground Container House is one of Seoul's attractions and is divided into two parts. It has restaurants, cafes, dessert shops, as well as fashion brands and other shops. It is very good to come shop and eat.
- Address : 88 Changgyeonggung-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 8 of Jongno-5-ga Station of Lines 1 and 5
Gwangjang Market is a well known tourist market in Seoul. The must-eat food include, raw octopus, beef, and mung bean pancakes. Many people come but it is still mostly local.
- Address : 21 Namdaemun-4-gil, Hoehyeon-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 5 and 6 of Hoehyeon Station of Line 4
It is full of people and the editor recommend this market rather than Gwangjang Market. The noodles and spicy stewed fish is unforgettable once you try it here.
- Address : 7, Mangwon-ro 8-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 1 of Mangwon Station of Line 6
In addition to Namdaemun Market, Mangwon Market also provides a similar atmosphere which is located near Hongdae. All the stalls serve delicious food and the unforgettable taste will want you to come back for more.
- Transportation : Exit 8 of Sinsa Station of Line 3
This avenue is actually a high-end shopping district. You have to prepare money to spend if you want to shop here. The coffee shops on the road however are very attractive and make you want to sit down and enjoy the atmosphere of Sinsa.
- Transportation : Exit 1 of Jongkak Station of Line 1 or Exit 1 of Jongno 3 gak station of Line 3
Insadong has strong humanistic features. The antique feeling of this boulevard is beautiful that many people like to walk around.
- Address : 487-48 Sangamdong, Mapo-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 1 of World Cup Arena Station of Line 6
Sky Park is a beautiful place to visit during the autumn and winter that goes together with the yellow sunset. It will make your visit unique.
- Address : 41 Naksan-gil, Ihwa-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 1 and 2 of Hyehwa Station of Line 4
Naksan Park is actually really close to Ewha Mural Village. This park is open during the day and night but if you go at night you can see the glittering Seoul lights from the top.
33. Hongleung Arboretum(홍릉수목원)
- Address：57 Hwegiro, Cheongnyangni-dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul
This arboretum is located between Korea University and Kyung Hee University. It is only open on weekends and is the favorite spot for locals. Almost no tourists come here so we recommend you go to enjoy it all to yourself.
- Address: 161, Magok-dong-ro, Gangseo-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 3 and 4 of Magoknaru Station of Line 9
The Seoul Botanical Garden is a new attraction in Seoul that opened this year. Thousands of plants are on display so if you want to enjoy a botanical garden in Seoul come here!
- Address: 148-88 Noryangjin-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul
- Transportation : Exit 3 of Noryangjin Station of Lines 1 and 9
Noryangjin is a place with the highest proportion of young people in Seoul. This is because it is the place where all the young people stay to study to pass government exams to become government employees or to get into large enterprises.
Come here to understand more about Noryangjin's culture that is different to other parts of Seoul.
- Address：Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul
Everyone should be familiar with Itaewon! Although it is known for the night life there are also the Liberation Village nearby so it is also a place where you can witness the development of Seoul and the symbiosis of the past and present together. Let's go to Itaewon!
This blog post is about series of recommendations for Seoul Attractions. If you have questions about information not covered in the blog post, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org