ITAEWON | Creatrip Locals' Guide
Everything You Need To Know Before Exploring Itaewon From Food And Coffee To Shopping And Nightlife
Situated north of Hangang, Itaewon offers a variety of options for a wide range of demographics. At night, no matter how late or early, you'll see vibrant crowds of locals and foreigners walking down small alleys. Throughout the day you'll find multicultural cuisines ranging from Mexican and American to Middle Eastern. If you're feeling for a rooftop bar or cafe on a breezy summer's day, Itaewon's got a whole bunch of options too.
As you can see, options are many but your time's limited but not to worry! Check out our guide below and customize your itinerary accordingly.
THINGS TO DO
This grand museum is composed of three buildings - Museum 1, Museum 2 and the Samsung Child Educational and Cultural Centre. Museum 1 features traditional Korean arts, Museum 2 displays contemporary art, and the Samsung Centre acts as an educational facility for the future generations.
Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로55길 60-16
Hours: 10:30-18:00 (Ticket office closes at 17:30); Closed on Mondays, New Year's Day, Lunar New Year and Chuseok.
Ticket Prices: 10,000~ for adults, 5,000~ for children and 1,000KRW for digital guide.
Source: Naver Place
You'll find interesting exhibitions by local and international artists here.
Address: 서울 용산구 독서당로29길 5-6 Replace한남 F동
Hours: Tues, Wed, Fri & Sun 10:00-18:00; Thurs, Sat 10:00-20:00
Ticket Prices: N/A
VINYL & PLASTIC by Hyundai Card
It's a place where you can check out vinyls and CDs in a spacious environment. They have a music library inside where you can rent and listen to music on vinyl which is only available to Hyundai cardholders, but I have heard stories of people getting in on weekdays without Hyundai cards.
Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로 248
Hours: Tues-Sat 12:00-21:00; Sundays and Public Holidays 12:00-18:00; Closed on Mondays, New Year's and Chuseok
Start from Itaewon Station or Hangangjin Station and walk up any hilly streets. You'll see lots of beautiful houses (some of them embassy or consulate buildings) and once you go up high, you'll get a nice view of the city. Experience the vibe unique to hiking in Itaewon.
Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로 294
Close to exit 2 of Hangangjin Station you'll find loads of books displayed throughout the large space with high ceilings. There are no English books available, but you can still enjoy the space by taking a look around their galleries and cafes.
Address: 서울 용산구 한남동 이태원로54길 5
This five-storey building is a comprehensive cultural space consisting of cafe, media space, chocolate & gelato shop, rooftop and fashion shop. Spend a relaxing time in the media space on the third floor with videos playing on screens and music playing in the background.
If you liked the K-drama Itaewon Class, it would be a fun adventure to visit all the filming locations and relive the scenes! Check out our Youtube video and the full list on our blog for where to go.
Mr. Ahn's Makgeolli: This place was the first-ever bistro to be introduced on Michelin Guide. Always busy and bustling with patrons, Mr. Ahn's serves up a side selection of Korean liquor including soju and makgeolli (rice wine) along with delicious dishes. Find out why locals are flocking over!
- Address: 서울 용산구 회나무로 3 아름누리빌딩 1F
- Hours: 18:00-01:00
- Menu: Liquor starting at ₩5,000, Food starting at ₩5,000
Hannamdong Hanbang Tokdak: Every Seoulite knows of this place. Many of them frequent the eatery. Celebrities and their autographs are everywhere on the walls. Hannamdong Hanbang Tokdak serves up oven roasted chicken that's so distinctly delicious that other restaurants attempted to mimick its rich flavours but have not succeeded. If you're looking to try Korean fried chicken, this place is it!
- Address: 서울 용산구 대사관로34길 38
- Hours: 16:50-20:00, Sun: Closed
- Menu: Roasted Chicken ₩18,000 and up
El Pino323: This place is probably the best place to get Mexican food in the city. All of the dishes I've tried so far have been delicious and quite authentic. The staff, a mix of local and foreign servers, all speak English.
- Address: 서울 용산구 녹사평대로 220
- Hours: 11:30-21:30, Last call 21:00; Closed on Mondays; Tuesdays 17:00-21:30
- Menu: Chicken Enchiladas with Salsa Verde ￦17,500; Carne Asada Tacos ￦14,500; Chef D's Homemade Horchata ￦6,000.
Coreanos Noksapyeong Branch: The vibe is a bit different from that of El Pino323 and the food tastes slightly different too as Coreanos seems to gear a bit more towards fusion Mexican. Nevertheless, the food tastes really good and did I mention that they've got a great terrace view overlooking the city?
- Address: 서울 용산구 녹사평대로40길 46
- Hours: 12:00-23:00
- Menu: Three Wise Fries ￦13,000; Taco ￦3,500~; Beer-Rita ￦14,000~
Yasanghae: This tiny restaurant with limited seating always has a lineup outside. You'll likely have to write your name down and wait for a bit but it's worth it because the food is as authentic as Chinese cuisine gets in Korea.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로23길 6
- Hours: 12:00-22:00, Last order 21:30; Break 15:00-17:00
- Menu: Xiaolongbao 6,000KRW; Mapo Tofu 10,000KRW; Sichuan Noodles 6,000KRW
Donkatsu Janchi: This tonkatsu restaurant that serves up pork cutlets paired with a variety of noodles is mostly renowned for receiving praise from a popular Korean comedian, Lee Young-ja. We tried the cheese tonkatsu and donbi guksu (spicy noodles and pork cutlets). They were all very generous in portions and super delicious.
Lee Young-ja suggests that we wrap up the meal by grabbing their red bean bread as dessert. The thick layer of soft cream and red bean wrapped up in fluffy bread surely was the best way to end the weekend dinner.
- Address: 서울 용산구 서빙고로 297
- Hours: 10:30-21:30, Last order 21:00
- Menu: Cheese Pork Cutlet 10,000KRW; Donbi Guksu 8,000KRW; Cream Red Bean Bread 2,500KRW
The Original Pancake House: For a hearty American breakfast of fluffy pancakes and fried chicken with a milkshake, head over to this place. Weekend brunch hours usually see long lines, so expect to wait for about 30-60 minutes.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로 153
- Hours: 08:00-21:00, Last order 20:10; Closed on New Year's Day and Chuseok
- Menu: Buttermilk Pancake 9,000KRW; Fried Chicken & Waffles 18,000KRW
Nekkid Wings: For a platter of wings, onion rings, fries and more head over to Nekkid Wings. This is a great place to kick back with friends while tasting different flavours of wings.
- Address: 서울 용산구 녹사평대로 174-11
- Hours: Mon-Thurs 16:30-23:00; Fri-Sun 11:30-23:00, Last order 22:00; Break 15:30-16:30
- Menu: Single Platter 16,500KRW; Double Platter 32,000KRW; Party Platter 62,000KRW
Osteria Orzo: ⭐ Michelin Guide 2020 | Mostly exclusive to guests with reservations, Osteria Orzo is owned by celebrity chef Ho-yoon Kim. For a relaxing time around Hannamdong, head over to this restaurant for interesting dishes including their ragu pasta paired with wine.
- Address: 서울 용산구 한남대로20길 47
- Hours: 12:00-22:00; Break 15:00-17:30
- Phone: 02-322-0801
- Menu: White Ragu Pasta 26,000KRW; 1++ Hanwoo Tenderloin Carpaccio 28,000KRW
Rocka Doodle Nashville Hot Chicken: This is the best place for some fried chicken goodness. The buns are soft, the sauces flavourful and the vegetables and coleslaw complement the chicken really well.
- Address: 서울 용산구 녹사평대로40나길 9
- Hours: 11:30-21:30, Last order 21:00; Break 15:00-17:00; Closed on Sundays
- Menu: The Classic 7,700KRW; Rocka Doodle Hot Chicken 14,500KRW
Bada Sikdang: For a warm pot of budae-jjigae, or army stew, head over to Bada Sikdang. This popular place has been featured on many TV shows and is frequented by K-celebrities too!
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로 245
- Hours: 11:30-22:00
- Menu: Johnson Tang 22,000KRW~; Beef Sausage 25,000KRW
Bim Bom: A great option for a 3-tier brunch meal for two at an elegant restaurant.
- Address: 서울 용산구 회나무로 51
- Hours: Weekdays 09:00-17:00, Last order 16:00; Weekends 09:00-18:00, Last order at 17:00; Closed on Tuesdays
- Menu: Mushroom Egg Benedict 16,000KRW; Brunch Tasting Menu 44,000KRW
Brix Itaewon Pizza: Some say the pizza is a bit Koreanized. Their pizza tastes really great regardless and it's a great option for pizza in the neighbourhood! When the weather's warm out, take advantage of their terrace seatings too.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로 203
- Hours: Fri-Sat 11:30-02:30; Sun-Thurs 11:30-23:00
- Menu: Pizza 18,000KRW~; Craft Beer 6,500KRW
8PIECE PIZZA: Located in Haebangchon, you'll find crispy brick-oven pizza and great craft beer here.
- Address: 서울 용산구 신흥로 42
- Hours: 12:00-04:00
- Menu: Pizza 15,000KRW~; Craft Beer 8,000KRW~
Jacoby's Burger: This place has amazing gourmet burgers that you can customize. Try their ultra tall Gut Buster Burger if you're going in a group of two or more.
- Address: 서울 용산구 신흥로 38
- Hours: 11:00-01:00
- Menu: Gut Buster Burger for two 25,900KRW; Jacoby Burger 9,900KRW;
Vatos: This place has interesting fusion options including Kimchi Carnitas Fries and Galbi Tacos. Try their Vatos' Ritas (a bottle of beer served inside a margarita glass) too!
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로15길 1
- Hours: Sun-Thurs 11:30-22:00, Break 15:00-17:00, Last order 21:00; Fri-Sat 11:30-23:00, Last order 22:00
- Menu: Vato's Ritas 16,400KRW~; Kimchi Carnitas Fries 13,000KRW; Quesadillas 11,500KRW~
BMeal: A great brunch cafe in the charming Hannamdong area run by a former Michelin 2-star restaurant chef.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로55가길 35
- Hours: 11:00-20:00; Weekdays Break 15:30-17:00
- Menu: Ricotta Cheese Pancakes 16,000KRW; Beef Brisket Pasta 15,000KRW
Allettante: The pizza is delicately baked in the oven purchased and shipped all the way from Naples, Italy. This 4-storey restaurant boasts tranquil vibes and authentic views of the Itaewon neighbourhood.
- Address: 서울 용산구 회나무로13나길 8
- Hours: 11:30-22:00, Break 15:00-17:00
- Menu: Pizza Allettante 25,000KRW; Spaghetti Allo Scoglio 24,000KRW
Justin Steak: For tastes of premium Korean beef meets fusion dishes, Justin Steak is one of the best options.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로26길 18
- Hours: Tues-Thurs 12:00-22:30, Break 15:30-16:30; Fri 11:30-22:30, Break 15:30-16:30; Sat-Sun 11:30-22:30, No break; Closed on Mondays
- Menu: 1+ Hanwoo Justin Steak Market Price
Palette Hannam: A good option for trendy fusion dishes of pasta and Japanese-inspired omelette over rice.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로54길 53
- Hours: Mon-Fri 11:30-21:00, Break 15:30-17:00; Sat-Sun 11:30-21:30
- Menu: Set (Palette Pasta + Omelette over Rice + Pork Belly Salad) 30,000KRW
HALAL + VEGAN
Vegan Kitchen: ⭐VEGAN | This recently renewed restaurant is great for travellers and patrons in the area looking for fusion vegan dishes. The chef is always coming up with new fusion dishes, so we highly recommend this place to those of you who want to try one-of-a-kind vegan food created with passion and care.
- Address: 서울 용산구 우사단로10길 81
- Hours: 12:00-20:00 (Break 15:00-17:00); Closed on Mondays
- Menu: Triple Mushroom Cream Pasta 14,000KRW; Kung Pao Tofu over Rice 11,000KRW
Sunny Bread: ⭐VEGAN | This has to be the best vegan bakery in Seoul! The owner's passion for veganism is well-reflected from the extensive menu covering from vegan sandwiches and gluten-free burgers to slices of soft creamy cakes.
- Address: 서울시 용산구 우사단로14길 33
- Hours: 11:00-20:00, Closed on Mondays & Tuesdays
- Menu: Americano 3,000KRW; Sunny Burger 12,900KRW~; Cake Slices 6,000KRW~
Petra: ⭐HALAL / VEGETARIAN | For those of you craving Middle Eastern cuisine, head on over to Petra run by a Jordanian owner. Their extensive menu covers from flavourful falafel to housemade hommos.
- Address: 서울 용산구 녹사평대로40길 33
- Hours: 11:00-22:00
- Menu: Baba Ganooj 8,000KRW; Falafel 8,000KRW~
The Halal Guys: ⭐HALAL | Whether it's in between your meals or for a late-night post-clubbing snack, the Halal Guys is a delicious option.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로 187
- Hours: Sun-Thurs 11:00-22:00; Fri-Sat 11:00-04:00
- Menu: Platter 9,900KRW~
One in a Million: You'll know you're there when you see a huge pink wall and an aesthetic entryway. The inside of the cafe is filled with plants while all the drinks and desserts are served on pink plates and cups, setting up a romantic mood for a cup of coffee.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로54길 31
- Hours: Mon-Sat 11:00-23:00; Sundays 11:00-22:00
- Menu: White Tiramisu 5,850KRW (with Creatrip discount!); Latte 5,500KRW
c.through: This very unique cafe in Itaewon offers special latte arts of cute characters.
- Address: 서울 용산구 녹사평대로40나길 37
- Hours: 12:00-22:00
- Menu: Creamart 8,000KRW; Housemade Tiramisu 8,000KRW
r.about: Located in a rusty house in Hannamdong, r.about's unique vibes offer unique coffee experiences.
- Address: 서울 용산구 대사관로8길 15
- Hours: 10:00-21:00
- Menu: Americano 4,500KRW; Latte 5,000KRW
Wet Coffee: You'll be sitting inside a dry swimming pool. This cool concept always has people turning heads. Try their creamy, flavourful earl grey fig cake.
- Address: 서울 용산구 한남대로27가길 10
- Hours: 12:00-21:00
- Menu: Espresso 4,500KRW; Panna Cotta 5,500KRW;
Joy's Parlor: This charming cafe that welcomes visitors with its bright red door seen on the popular K-drama Itaewon Class, has amazing desserts and killer views of the neighbourhood. When you walk in, you might also get a warm welcome from the dog in residence.
- Address: 서울 용산구 녹사평대로46길 31
- Hours: Weekdays 12:00-22:30; Saturdays 12:00-23:00; Sundays 12:00-22:30
- Menu: Latte 6,000KRW; Salted Brownie 7,000KRW
Old Ferry Donut: This donut shop is always filled with patrons and often has a waiting list. Try their thick donuts with soft cream fillings or just get a cup of their tube latte that comes with a mini donut on top.
- Address: 서울 용산구 한남대로27길 66
- Hours: 10:00-22:00, Closed on Tuesdays
- Menu: Tube Latte 6,500KRW; Donuts 6,000KRW~
Tartine: This bakery has a warm, welcoming vibe with its decors hanging from the high ceilings and two storeys of seatings available throughout. Their specialty tarts are worth trying.
- Address: 서울 용산구 한남대로18길 22
- Hours: Mon-Wed 09:00-21:30; Thurs-Fri 09:00-22:00; Sat 08:00-22:00; Sun 07:00-21:00
- Menu: Banana Cream Tart 9,500KRW;
Mujinjang: This cafe is hidden on a small street of Itaewon. The first floor adds warmth with its wooden interior while the basement has a cozy, homey vibe.
- Address: 서울 용산구 녹사평대로 168-18
- Hours: 12:00-22:00, Last order 21:00
- Menu: Cafe Latte 5,400KRW; Brownie 5,000KRW
Passion 5: This pastry brand owned by SPC's Paris Croissant is a dessert-lover's heaven! They have an extensive selection of adorable cakes, bread, cookies and pastries on display.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로 272 SPC Building
- Hours: 07:30-22:00
- Price: ₩5,000 and up
Kkulbam: The trendiest bar in the area run by original webtoon writers of Itaewon Class, you'll see webtoon posters and foods seen on the popular K-drama here. Expect to line up for about 30-90 minutes.
- Address: 서울 용산구 우사단로14길 3
- Hours: Weekdays 18:30-03:00; Weekends 18:30-07:00
- Menu: Soondubu Jjigae 15,000KRW
The Finest: This is the bar where Sae Ro Yi and Yi Seo first had drinks together. For amazing views of N Seoul Tower and Namsan accompanied by colourful cocktails, head over to the Finest.
- Address: 서울 용산구 회나무로 41
- Hours: Fri-Sat 11:00-03:00; Sun 11:00-23:00; Mon 18:00-01:00; Tues-Thurs 11:00-01:00; Break Everyday 17:00-18:00
- Menu: Blue Moon 13,000KRW; Cocktails 14,000KRW~; Coffee 6,000KRW~
Casa Corona: Whether you just need a cool bottle of beer or unique cocktails made with Corona, Casa Corona's got it all. Stay up to date on their events to catch live music performances including jazz nights. Check out their multi-storey rooftop for extra breezy vibes.
- Address: 서울 용산구 보광로60길 7
- Hours: Fri 18:00-03:30; Sat 17:00-03:30; Sun 17:00-03:00; Mon-Thur 18:00-02:00
- Menu: Corona Bottle 8,000KRW; Signature Cocktails 13,000KRW~
GLAM: For a glamorous night out around Itaewon with cocktails and a more mature crowd, head over to GLAM. Check their page for updates on live performances and themes too.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로27가길 26
- Hours: Fri-Sat 19:00-05:30; Sun-Wed 19:00-03:00; Thur 19:00-04:00
- Menu: Sushi Plate 32,000KRW; Cocktails 9,000KRW~
The Bungalow: For tropical vibes and refreshing drinks, check out the Bungalow.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로27가길 10
- Hours: Fri 17:00-05:00; Sat 16:00-05:00; Sun 16:00-03:00; Mon-Thurs 17:00-03:00
- Menu: Cocktails 8,000KRW~; Steaks 16,000KRW~
Graddhyllan: A cafe/bar operated by a design brand, visitors can get a feel of their furniture while sipping on cocktails and coffee. The rooftop view is stunning day and night, another reason for patrons to frequent Graddhyllan.
- Address: 서울 용산구 회나무로 60-1
- Hours: 12:00-23:00
- Menu: Wine in Glass 8,000KRW~; Coffee 4,800KRW~
PP Seoul: Great rooftop lounge with food and drinks overlooking the city.
- Address: 서울 용산구 소월로44가길
- Hours: 14:00-24:00, Closed on Mondays
- Menu: Barbeque and Som Tam 32,000KRW; Signature Cocktails 19,000KRW~
Jack's Bar: Full of arcade games that you can play for free.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로27가길 52
- Hours: N/A
- Menu: Pepperoni Pizza 3,000KRW; Jack's Burger 7,000KRW; Cocktails 7,000KRW~
Off the Record: One of the best vinyl music bars in Seoul.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로27가길 13
- Hours: N/A
- Menu: Cocktails 8,000KRW~; Plate T Cheese & Crackers 15,000KRW
Facebook @ Off the Record Itaewon
The Fountain: A large venue with TV screens and bars throughout. People can choose to sit, stand around or dance.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로23길 16-5
- Hours: Weekdays 18:00-03:00; Weekends 18:00-05:30
- Menu: Cocktails 9,000KRW~; Pizza 3,000KRW~
Thursday Party: Drinks are available at affordable prices. Beer pong is available for 10,000KRW, ask the staff at the bar.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로27길 6
- Hours: Fri-Sat 18:00-05:00; Sun-Thur 19:00-04:00
- Menu: Long Beach Island Iced Tea 5,900KRW; Tequila Sunrise 7,000KRW
Pumpkin: Accessible club just outside of exit 2 of Itaewon Station. The bottles are affordable and you can often see large crowds on weekends.
- Address: 서울 용산구 이태원로 179
- Hours: 21:00-09:00
- Menu: SKYY VODKA Set 139,000KRW; Cocktails 5,000KRW~
Cat Allergy: A local designer's work on all things cats! You'll find stationery and fashion items including stamps, notebooks, stickers, eco bags and more. You might even get greeted by the cat in residence.
- Address: 서울시 용산구 소월로20길 72
- Hours: 12:00-20:00, Closed on Tuesdays
We're going to continue updating our database on a regular basis. If you have questions or comments, please leave them down below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for stopping by!